Everyone is welcome!
Everyone is welcome to attend Summer Programs at Princeton Day School. Campers do not have to be PDS students and are admitted without regard to race, gender or ethnic background.
Pre-Camp and Extended Day Programs
We offer a Pre-Camp option beginning at 7:30am as well as an extended day recreational program for children wishing to stay at PDS from 3:15pm until 5:30pm.
Health Services and Safety
Our medical team includes a Registered Nurse and a Licensed Athletic Trainer. There is a medical supervisor on campus at all times.
In the event of illness or injury, students will be escorted to the nurse by a staff member. Any prescription medications to be administered to campers during the day are to be left at the Health Office and will be administered solely by the camp nurse. Campers may not keep medications with them.
Parents will be notified by the nurse when:
- Camper has been taken to the Emergency Room.
- Camper has been injured, beyond minor cuts or bruises.
- A tick is removed from a camper.
- Other instances under the guidelines of the Princeton Day School School Exclusion Policy. Parents will be required to pick camper up.
- Nurse will call camper’s parent or guardian using number in Camp Site. If unable to reach them, a message will be left (if it is not an emergency).
- In emergency situations, if unable to reach parent, alternate numbers will be used. Staff will continue trying until someone is reached.
- If the nurse is going off duty and has left a message for a parent, the nurse will be sure to inform staff on duty of the nature of the call and what information should be given to parent.
- Written notices will be sent home in the event of the following: head injury, bone/joint injury, eye injury, insect bite or tick bite.
All camper visits to the Health Office will be documented by the Nurse. The EMT and Athletic Trainer(s) will document all care they have given.
In the event of Lice, camper must be picked up and treated before returning to camp. Camper must be examined by the nurse to rejoin activities.
Your child must have formal documentation from their doctor confirming the completion of their TB (Tuberculosis) Test. You must also provide our Registered Nurse with your child's immunization records.
You will be given a drop-off and pick-up spot for your camper before your camp begins.
You will be given a drop-off and pick-up spot for your camper before your camp begins. Most Sports camps will check in at the Athletic Center
Please refer to the below links for more specific information.