Indoor Environment Quality
Environments are not only on the outside
This category considers design features such as air, light, and sound quality that affect the health and comfort of the people in the building.
Criteria for Indoor Environmental Quality
- The field house is designed to promote a healthier environment through a filtered ventilation system with CO2 monitors
- For clean air no smoking is allowed
- 100% Green cleaning supplies
- Thermal Comfort
- Occupants can control the temperature in the spaces, but temperature returns automatically each day to pre-set energy efficient ranges.
- Integrated Pest Management
- We manage pests with an eco system-based strategy, combining techniques such as biological control, habitat manipulation, and modifying how we act in the building (think food consumption and waste).