This morning's Lower School Assembly featured the LS Winter Arts Celebration, a recorded compilation of music, visual artwork, dance and more starring Princeton Day School Pre-K through Fourth graders. Under the direction of LS Music teacher Julia Beckmann, on-campus and remote students worked diligently to master and perform a variety of winter-themed pieces.
The combined Winter Arts program captured the joyful spirit of the Lower School in a heart-warming performance video that was universally acclaimed by all who viewed it. Congratulations to Ms. Beckmann and all of the faculty who helped make possible this extraordinary arts celebration!
- Students reciting selections from the book Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter
- Second graders performing an original song composed by Ms. Beckmann
- Third graders dancing to "Waltz of the Flowers" by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Fourth graders performing the English folk song "Round and Round"
- Pre-K and Kindergarteners dancing to "Snowflakes are Falling"
- Happy New Year song, written by Sarah Hendrickson and performed by Ms. Beckmann
- A compilation of photos and video featuring students from all LS grades and an audio backdrop of "Skater's Waltz" by Émile Waldteufel
Enjoy highlights from the LS Winter Arts Celebration in the 7-minute video below:
Photo: Screenshot of on-campus and remote fourth graders performing