While we practice social distancing and prepare for Panthers Online remote learning to begin next week, March 30th, our librarians and faculty have put together some resources to help fill our days with fun, engaging educational activities!
10 brilliant activities that you can do at home with your family:
- While the PDS Garden is coming to life on campus, why not start some vegetable seedlings of your own at home?
- Get creative while embracing sustainability. Why not build a kite using supplies from your recycling bin and then fly it!
- Go on a virtual field trip! You can explore Yellowstone National Park, visit polar bears on the Arctic Tundra, tour Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, be transported to the Louvre in France and much more!
- With Pixar in a Box, you can learn how math, science, computer science and humanities come together at Pixar to make movies
- Don't let your dancing shoes gather dust... learn to moonwalk!
- Listen to your favorite celebrities read aloud books with Storyline.
- Expand your limits. Play games and learn about NASA with the NASA Kids Club.
- Make Ice Cream in a Bag to understand how salt lowers the freezing point of water.
- Plan and cook a family dinner together. America's Test Kitchen has some great resources for the budding chef in your family!
- Teach your child how to do their own laundry—this will change your life forever!
For more ideas of things to do at home during social distancing and remote learning, check out this PDS faculty- and librarian-created amazing guide!
And don't forget to share pictures of how you are keeping busy by tagging @princetondayschool on Instagram and @PDSpanthers on Twitter!