Athletics at PDS
PDS is committed to the development of our athletes and the excellence of our teams.
With 25 sports encompassing 74 varsity, junior varsity, and Middle School teams for boys and girls, the athletics program at Princeton Day School is broad enough to prepare gifted athletes to compete at the college level while, at the same time, ensuring that all students are exposed to the lifelong benefits of athletic participation and physical fitness.
We have approximately 90% of our 6th-8th grade Middle Schoolers and 60% of our Upper School students playing at least one sport during the school year, and on average, 15% of our graduating student body will play a college sport.
PDS is an independent member of New Jersey Independent Schools Athletic Association, which competes statewide and against regional rivals. We perennially compete for NJISAA State Championships as well as the Mercer County Tournament Association titles. In addition, we compete in the Women’s Interscholastic Hockey League of the Mid-Atlantic and the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (Boys).
Our accomplished coaching staff includes PDS alumni and teachers and includes men and women with years—and, in some cases, decades—of coaching experience. These coaches are assisted by Certified Athletic Trainers and a full-scale Athletic Training Room to provide our athletes with the best support possible.
The school’s 106-acre campus features outstanding athletics facilities. Our extensive playing fields include:
- Two turf fields
- Eight tennis courts
- Four grass soccer/lacrosse fields
- Two baseball fields
- Two softball fields
- Cross country trail
The Princeton Day School Athletic Center is the centerpiece of our indoor athletic facilities. It is a 20,000 square-foot facility that encompasses:
- Lisa McGraw '44 Skating Rink
- Squash Wing with 4 international squash courts
- Fields House lined for multi-sport use including 2 full sized basketball courts
- Indoor batting cages
Additionally, the main school building houses:
- Two gyms
- Patrick Kerney '93 Fitness Center
The following spectator policy is in effect and will be actively enforced for athletic contests hosted at Princeton Day School:
- PDS will have assigned monitors for each home game to enforce rules
- Face masks are required by all spectators; six (6) feet between non-family members
- No student spectators unless accompanied by an adult
- No screening form is necessary
- Two (2) spectators per player as a guideline; we will ask anyone standing in "groups" of two (2) or more to separate or leave
- Bleachers will not be utilized so attendees should bring their own chairs
- There will be a designated visiting team spectator section
Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to keep our athletes—and all members of the PDS community—safe and healthy.
Read More about PDS Girls Varsity Tennis Completes Undefeated Season
Read More about PDS Girls Varsity Soccer Excels in Unprecedented Season
Read More about PDS Cross Country Completes Historic Season
Read More about Panthers Sweep in Weekend Competition
Read More about PDS Girls Varsity Soccer Honors Families on Senior Day
Read More about PDS Girls Tennis Celebrates Senior Day