The following information is provided to help you secure transportation for your child from your local school district. Many districts that are near Princeton Day School provide transportation. Some districts do not provide transportation, but might provide reimbursement in lieu of transportation. Dismissal times vary at PDS, but all buses depart PDS at approximately 3:25 every day.
The following students are not eligible for New Jersey Transportation services:
- Students younger than 5 years old
- K–12 students more than 20 miles from school
- 9–12 students within 2.3 miles of school
- PreK–8 students within 2 miles of school
- Students who do not live in New Jersey
Courtesy busing for students living within two miles of school may be available only if a route already exits. To apply, please submit a B6T Transportation Application Instructions/Form.
Occasionally, parents use a private transportation company to transport students from districts that do not bus students to PDS. Although the school is unable to make transportation arrangements directly with private companies, we are happy to direct you to companies that could help.
Please also note that in case of a delayed opening or cancellation of school due to weather conditions, parents should contact their local school district. Buses will follow the announcements and decisions for each individual school district, not Princeton Day School.
In order to receive transportation or reimbursement, you must submit a B6T form. This form should be submitted through the Princeton Day School website and it must be received on or before March 2 for transportation for the following year. Families applying to Princeton Day School should not fill out the form until admission has been confirmed, but should do so as soon as possible after the admission process is complete and they have enrolled. Please print a copy of your B6T application for your own records. However, no paper copies will be accepted. Parents requesting transportation must submit one application per child and must indicate their local Board of Education at the top of the form. Contact your local public school if you are unsure about the name of your Board of Education. If your address changes during the school year, please contact Janet Mayo (firstname.lastname@example.org) so the information is current and arrangements can be made to transfer your child(ren) to a new bus system.
1. IT IS THE OBLIGATION OF THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF PRIVATE SCHOOL STUDENTS TO:
• ANNUALLY OBTAIN THE APPLICATION FOR PRIVATE SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION FROM THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE OF THE PRIVATE SCHOOL FOR EACH STUDENT FOR WHICH TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ARE BEING REQUESTED. SUBMIT A SEPARATE APPLICATION FOR EACH STUDENT. [At PDS, use B6T Transportation Application Instructions/Form ]
NOTE: IF THERE IS A CHANGE OF HOME ADDRESS, A NEW APPLICATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO THE PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT OF RESIDENCE. IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN THE NONPUBLIC SCHOOL OF ATTENDANCE, A NEW APPLICATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO THE PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT OF RESIDENCE
• COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION AND RETURN IT TO THE PRIVATE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE MARCH 10TH PRECEDING THE SCHOOL YEAR IN WHICH TRANSPORTATION IS BEING REQUESTED.
ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER MARCH 10TH WILL BE A LATE APPLICATION AND MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A STATEMENT OF THE REASON FOR LATENESS. [Email your statement to the PDS Transportation Coordinator.] ELIGIBLE STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE TRANSPORTATION OR AID IN LIEU OF TRANSPORTATION BASED ON THE DATE THE APPLICATION IS RECEIVED BY THE PUBLIC SCHOOL.
2. IT IS THE OBLIGATION OF THE NONPUBLIC SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR TO ANNUALLY COLLECT THE APPLICATION AND SUBMIT IT TO THE PUBLIC SCHOOL FROM WHICH TRANSPORTATION IS BEING REQUESTED PRIOR TO MARCH 15.
3. IT IS THE OBLIGATION OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR TO NOTIFY THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN AS TO THE DETERMINATION OF EACH APPLICATION BY AUGUST 1. A DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION SHALL PAY AID IN LIEU OF TRANSPORTATION TO THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF AN ELIGIBLE STUDENT ONLY AFTER RECEIVING A SIGNED “REQUEST FOR PAYMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AID” VOUCHER AS PRESCRIBED BY THE COMMISSIONER OF EDUCATION.
Families seeking bus transportation must submit the B6T Transportation Application Instructions/Form.
Courtesy busing for students living fewer than two miles from school may be available if a bus route already exists.
Princeton Day School will keep families informed about transportation issues via the website and email.