We believe that the most qualified students should be able to attend Princeton Day School, regardless of their family’s financial circumstances. To achieve this goal PDS is committed to a generous financial aid program at all grade levels.
By The Numbers
- $5.5 million in financial aid is awarded annually
- Approximately 24% of the student body receives financial aid
- All financial aid is based on demonstrated need
- Grants range from $3,000 to nearly full tuition plus fees
- The average award is $22,300
- All families contribute some portion of tuition
- Financial aid requests have no impact on admission decisions
Applying for Financial Aid
Princeton Day School uses Tuition Aid Data Service’s (TADS) Financial Aid Application to determine a family’s eligibility for aid and to calculate the resulting award. TADS applications will be open in November. As part of the application process, families are required to submit their Federal Income Tax Form 1040.
It is imperative that families complete the TADS application for financial aid as thoroughly and thoughtfully as possible. The School awards aid based on the information supplied by each family and assumes its accuracy.
Current families interested in applying for aid for the first time are asked to contact the Director of Admission and Financial Aid, Julie Cucchi, at (609) 279-2720.
Applications and Worksheets
Prior to beginning the TADS application for tuition assistance, it is recommended that families complete the TADS Financial Aid Worksheet to help determine which supporting documents are needed. If you have questions, please contact TADS directly at (800) 477-8237.
- Q: How does financial aid work at Princeton Day School?
- Q: Does Princeton Day School give merit scholarships?
- Q: Who can apply for financial aid?
- Q: Does Princeton Day School have an income limit for families applying for financial aid?
- Q: How are financial aid decisions made?
- Q: How do I apply for financial aid?
- Q: Does Princeton Day School set priorities when allocating financial aid?
- Q: Will applying for financial aid affect my admission decision?
- Q: What is the financial aid waiting list?
- Q: Do families have to reapply for financial aid every year?
- Q: What if I am applying for financial aid for more than one child?
- Q: How will we know if we are awarded financial aid?
- Q: Who will know that my family is applying for financial aid?
- Q: If our family does not receive financial aid, but we enroll our child at Princeton Day School, may we apply for financial aid in future years?
- Q: Can I get a loan to pay the tuition?
- Q: Is there any assistance available for unexpected costs?
- Q: Is there a way to have the TADS application fee waived?
- Q: What about divorced or separated parents?
- Q: What if one parent is unemployed?