We believe that the most qualified students should be able to attend Princeton Day School regardless of their family’s financial circumstances. To achieve this goal PDS is committed to a generous financial aid program at all grade levels.
By The Numbers
- Nearly $6 million in financial aid is awarded annually
- 25% of the student body receives financial aid
- All financial aid is based on demonstrated need; we do not offer merit-based scholarships
- Grants range from $3,000 to nearly full tuition plus fees
- The average award is $25,000
- All families contribute some portion of tuition
- Financial aid requests have no impact on admission decisions
Applying for Financial Aid
Princeton Day School uses School and Student Services (SSS) Financial Aid Application to determine a family’s eligibility for aid and to calculate the resulting award. Princeton Day School's Financial Aid Committee makes all final decisions and communicates directly with the parents.
Parents will complete the SSS's Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) and will be asked to submit recent tax forms and paystubs.
- Princeton Day School's Code for SSS is 5902
- Current PDS Students: January 3, 2022
- Students applying to PDS for admission: February 1, 2022
- Need help completing the application? Contact the SSS Support Team: (800) 344-8328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Divorced or separated parents living in separate households must complete separate SSS applications. Any stepparents should be included on the application.
- Single parents are asked to do everything possible to have the non-custodial parent complete an SSS application, as our policy dictates. If the non-custodial parent refuses, the custodial parent should contact Amy Sharpless at email@example.com
- Current families interested in applying for aid for the first time are asked to contact the Director of Admission and Financial Aid, Julie Cucchi: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the following guides to help you get started. If you have questions, please contact SSS directly at (800) 344-8328 or email@example.com.
- Q: How does financial aid work at Princeton Day School?
- Q: Does Princeton Day School give merit scholarships?
- Q: Who can apply for financial aid?
- Q: Does Princeton Day School have an income limit for families applying for financial aid?
- Q: How are financial aid decisions made?
- Q: How do I apply for financial aid?
- Q: Does Princeton Day School set priorities when allocating financial aid?
- Q: Will applying for financial aid affect my admission decision?
- Q: What is the financial aid waiting list?
- Q: Do families have to reapply for financial aid every year?
- Q: What if I am applying for financial aid for more than one child?
- Q: How will we know if we are awarded financial aid?
- Q: Who will know that my family is applying for financial aid?
- Q: If our family does not receive financial aid, but we enroll our child at Princeton Day School, may we apply for financial aid in future years?
- Q: Can I get a loan to pay the tuition?
- Q: Is there any assistance available for unexpected costs?
- Q: Is there a way to have the financial aid application fee waived?
- Q: What about divorced or separated parents?
- Q: What if one parent is unemployed?