Teaching at Princeton Day School
At Princeton Day School, the pursuit of excellence is a cooperative process nurtured by an outstanding faculty. Our experienced teachers believe in creating a classroom atmosphere where the learning process is valued. At PDS, the classroom extends beyond the walls of the school house and is equally regarded on the fields, courts, ice, and stage. The world-class faculty believes strongly in professional growth and development, and teachers routinely receive in-service training, participate in conferences, attend graduate courses, and travel for enrichment opportunities—all fully supported by the school.
We are always interested in meeting outstanding teachers who are looking to teach in a supportive community of learners. Professionals with a Master’s Degree and several years of teaching experience are encouraged to apply. Princeton Day School values the contributions of teachers who:
- Demonstrate excellence in the classroom
- Understand the powerful influence of technology on students’ lives
- Enjoy connecting with students outside the classroom through: advising, coaching, attending games and concerts, chaperoning events, sponsoring activities
- Have a sense of humor and like to laugh
- Are strongly committed to their students and colleagues
Princeton Day School actively seeks students, families, and employees who value and contribute to the fullness of a diverse community within the context of its mission. EOE.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER - SUMMER PROGRAM
- EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM - TEACHER ASSISTANT
- FILM, VIDEO AND MEDIA ARTS TEACHER
- GROUNDS KEEPER
- HOMEWORK CLUB ASSISTANT - PART TIME
- LONG TERM SUBSITUTES
- LOWER SCHOOL LANGUAGE ARTS CHAIR
- LOWER SCHOOL LIBRARIAN / MEDIA SPECIALIST
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & UPPER SCHOOL BAND DIRECTOR
- SAFETY MONITOR - PART TIME
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
- UPENN DAY SCHOOL TEACHING RESIDENCY
- UPPER SCHOOL STUDIO ART TEACHER / GALLERY DIRECTOR
Required Materials: Princeton Day School requires of all employment applicants (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter that helps us understand more about you and your interest in our school. If you have a personal statement or copies of reference letters, we welcome these, as well.
Submitting Your Materials: Please submit your materials via email to the designated recipient. Those without internet access may mail their employment materials to the attention of Robin Bernard, Director of Human Resources.
We do not guarantee return of submitted materials.
No phone calls, please. We acknowledge receipt of online applications within 2 business days and mailed applications within two weeks. When we fill an open position, we remove the listing from this employment page. Thank you for respecting our No Calls policy.
Princeton Day School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for service in the Armed Forces, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state, or local law.
If you have questions, please email Robin Bernard, Director of Human Resources. We appreciate your interest in Princeton Day School.